-- ENGINE --
- 5.8 Litre V8 (351ci 2V).
- Engine Configuration:
90 degree "Vee" shape, front mounted longitudinal.
- Head Design:
Pushrod and rocker actuated overhead valve - twin valve per cylinder.
- Bottom End: 5 bearing crankshaft
- Engine Size: 5763 (351 cubic inches).
- Bore & Stroke (mm): 102 x 89
- Compression Ratio: 8.9:1
- Max Power (DIN): 162kW/4500 rpm
- Max Torque (DIN): 429Nm, 2700 rpm
- Fuel System Configuration:
Ford Quad barrel carburettor.
- Battery: 12v
- Electrical: See "Battery"
- Ignition: Alternator and coil
Twin exhaust pipe.
-- TRANSMISSION/RATIOS --
- Gear ratios: (3 speed Automatic (FMX))
4th: - -
-Final Drive Ratio: 2.75
- Top Speeds in gears (3 speed Automatic (FMX)):
4th: - -
Elapsed Time (0-100kmh): 11.9 seconds.
Standing 400m: 17.1 seconds.
-- SUSPENSION --
Rubber bushed upper arms, ball joint - angle poised type. Hydraulically operated shock absorbers with coil springs, torsion bar ride stabiliser, anti dive geometry.
Asymetric variable rate semi elliptic leaf with diagonally mounted hydraulic shock absorbers, rubber bush shackles and ISO clamp axle mounting.
- Rear axle ratios: 2.75
-- WHEELS/BRAKES --
- Front:Floating "caliper" type, turbo cooled, ventilated power assisted discs. 286mm.
- Rear: Floating "caliper" type, turbo cooled, ventilated power assisted discs. 286mm.
- Wheels: 14 x 6 inch Steel rims with unique LTD wheel covers.
- Tyres: FR78 S x 14 Steel belt radials.
Variable ratio power steering - from 11 - 17.5.
-- FUEL CONSUMPTION --
- City Cycle [L/100km]: 16.5
- Highway Cycle [L/100km]: 12.5
- Fuel Grade: Super/LRP
- Fuel Tank Capacity [Litres]: 79
-- DIMENSIONS --
- Overall Length: 5364
- Wheel base: 3074
- Width: 1956 (a)
- Height: 1366
- Front track: 1534
- Rear track: 1524
- Kerb Weight: 1832kg
- Luggage Capacity: 495 Litres
- Turning Circle: 13.0 metres
- Seating: 5
- Front head room: 965
- Front leg room: 1033
- Front shoulder room: 1524
- Front hip room: 1529
- Rear head room: 927
- Rear leg room: 1068
- Rear shoulder room: 1524
- Rear hip room: 1529
-- GENERAL --
- Turns lock to lock: 2.1
- Body Construction: Unitary Steel
Speedometer, coolant temperature gauge, fuel quantity and oil pressure gauge all conventional. Speedometer in "strip" style. Digital 12/24 hour clock.
a) Excludes exterior side mirrors